Saturday, January 26, 2008

Winter Blast

I always get a kick outta the array of snow that piles up on top of the tree stumps out just beyond the deck.
I'm not sure it'd even stopped snowing at this point, but you just know I had to go out there and use the cool little shovel blower to clear at least a path across the deck for the dogs. Foxy's already lobbying Mary to take her to Arizona for the duration of winter, so have to do what I can to keep the Sheltie happy!

Ten inches....
...located just outside the sliding glass door to the deck, fronting Hazy's unused (fortunately) dog house.



Looking sorta SE across the yard toward the barn.
After the worst of the snow, Betty's spruce tree shows off it's white outfit of snowflakes.
This one was taken today, looking across the yard from the garage door. As you can see, I should be out there doing a better job of snow-blowing, sigh.
The spruce that sits directly in front of the living room window got a white coat, too, tho' most of it has blown away with today's winds at this point.
Self-portrait? Bored in white?
The dangling icicles always amuse me. I was thinking this one reminded me of a dog when I took it, but looking at the "tail" better now, I'm thinking "ice horse". Yeah, I know. I entertain easily.

No comments: