Thursday, February 05, 2009

And then the power went out.....

This was how I was getting my light for about six hours overnight on Wednesday. I'd just gone to bed when, blam, there went the power. Now, true, had it been summer and I didn't have to worry about freezing water pipes, I'd have probably just rolled over and gone to sleep. As it was, tho', with the temperature a balmy +8 outside, figured I'd better get up and build a fire after calling in the cavalry, MEA's repair crew. Little did I know at the time, tho', it'd take the cavalry six hours to do their magic and resume the flow of power to my neighborhood.

The first shot is of the candle, a gift from Bonnie, with the flash. For a cooler version, check this non-flash one out. In the dark, it projects the silhouette of a moose and some spruce trees on the side as if lighted from within.











Fortunately, I already had in a nice supply of firewood for the fireplace courtesy of my "be prepared" motto over the possibility of Redoubt blowing and shutting off power for awhile. So, for six loonnnggggg hours, I amused myself by watching the flames dance around, getting up fairly often to poke a piece of wood as much to keep me awake as to really do anything for the fire. Needless to say, I was already "anticipating" having to replace all that wood I'd hoped never to have to use, too! Ha

No comments: