Friday, March 13, 2009

RIP Foxy


Foxy was helped over the Rainbow Bridge on the morning of March 13th. In many ways, Foxy was the dog that was most like me, shy and cautious, but willing to be a trooper as needed, and I've often said that if there was a near perfect dog, one I wished I could have cloned, it would have been her. I'll miss you, Foxy.

I used to fret about her adapting to Alaska, she never cared for the snow and cold, but she seemed to enjoy life in her backyard in Wasilla, didn't she? I think the fact there were no fleas helped cos those Florida fleas sure liked her.

This pose so typifed Foxy. It was taken on Rosemary's back deck, where Foxy, who'd probably been outside a whole 90 seconds, patiently waited for us fool humans to realize that her feet, ears and probably tail were freezing and she'd like back inside, thank you. Okay, given that it was probably about twenty below at the time, maybe she had a point!

Here's Foxy's story as written in my book, Becoming Alaskan
(well, it will be here when I figure out how to copy/paste it. Doesn't work for some reason, but the sentiments are already expressed above.)

No comments: