Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Snow on the Mts.

After a couple rainy, cloudy days, I can't say I was surprised to see the snow this low on the Talkeetna Mts. when I stopped at my mailbox while heading out to do some errands.
 Curiosity made me back track, tho', to check out this view from the end of Holiday looking down toward the distant mountains.
 Haven't been up to Home Depot in awhile for pix, so glad the mountains and snow didn't disappoint across Wasilla Lake from the parking lot at the Depot.
 A bit closer view of that white stuff.
 Loved the tree limb on the right.
 Looking down more toward the Chugach Mts..... dang, honest, there are huge mountains hiding in those clouds.
 I circled around and came home via Knik Goose Bay Road. This is the view as I headed in toward town. And, yes, for those who fret, I pulled over and stopped to take this and the next shots.

No comments: