Tuesday, October 07, 2008

First Snow, Oct. 7th

Actually, I'm sorta lying as we had a few flakes earlier, but this is the first snow to "show", so to speak. My backyard from the backdoor. Looks like about 5-6" as I took this.
If you look straight out my back door, you'll see this spruce, now wearing white.
Covered in snow, the tub house, aka the little cabin that houses the hot tub.
Between the spruce straight out the backdoor and the deck are these stumps, which provide me with endless entertainment in the winter as they sport their white garb. Only problem is, there's a door mat on the big one on the right that I didn't think to bring in from airing yesterday! I guess I'll find it, oh, next April?


Looking way up at the top of the now relatively leaf-less trees in the pasture, it looks like someone dumped a box of cotton balls on 'em.

Looking out front, my little cache guards the well.
Betty's spruce was garbed in spruce leaves yesterday. Today it's snow.

Full view of your spruce tree, Betty.

Driveway? What driveway? The snow plow just raced past, so if I'd waited you'd maybe be able to see the snow berm now at the end of the driveway. Ha
Front-yard from the general area of the end of the little walkway from the front door. I didn't have my snow boots on, so I was sticking close to the side of the house.
Checking out the spruce right outside the front door, nice clumps of snow.


No comments: