Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mid-Week View

Seriously, who'd have ever thought Alaska would be having some of the sanest winter weather around? Cold and snow on the ground, but just the norm here, with a soft pink in the skies.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone that when I get bored in the ATM drive-up, I resort to taking photos of the trees along the way.

Believe it or not, this was a "retrieving the trash can" quick snap down the road. I'd been kicking myself that morning cos I missed a pretty clear shot of the moon south of here, so took the camera along when I went out to get the trash can and got this view to the North.
In an otherwise pretty white world, a streak of red-pink does its best to peek through behind Betty's spruce tree in the yard.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking the same thing about our weather..the lower 48 is getting all kinds of stuff and we are seeing absolutely nothing here.