Friday, December 19, 2008

Wasilla, some Christmas Lights

Santa's sleigh along Briar
Given that I wasn't planning on doing anything but dropping an envelope with a book in the mailbox, not great shots, only had the long lens and wasn't dressed to get outta the car to hold it steadier, but here's a small sampling of the lights between my house and Wasilla Lake. This one is at the Fire Station.
Wasilla Lake. See entry below for a daylight view.
Pulling up a bit closer.... Do you think I could talk the city into moving that dang pole?
Getting bored after taking a dozen shots, I started playing with the camera.
Woot, I kinda liked this one, especially after I cheated and made it blue via PhotoShop.
Across Parks from the Carrs Shopping Center









Christmas tree outside Wasilla City Hall
Honest, it's more colorful than this one makes it look. I'll have to try again later with the short lens when I'm dressed to be out of the car.
Looking at the bells in the above shot a bit closer

No comments: