Friday, July 04, 2008

Anchorage Museum's Flowers

Venturing to the big city is something I don't do often anymore, but I'm somehow always glad when I do. I even found this cool hair salon near where I parked for a visit to the museum.

These were in the circular, raised flower beds out in front of the museum.
Hmm, since I seemed to have been the only one to have arrived on time, I took advantage of the situation to meander back outside and take photos of a long flower bed alongside the museum. Just gorgeous. The photos don't do it justice.
Needless to say, I have no clue what most of these are, so just enjoy....













Okay, true, he doesn't have a flower, but he does have a chicken on his shoulder under the big star. One of the Salmon on Parade stars, situated inside the museum doors.
Another one that isn't exactly flowers, tho' could be related, but this piece on display at the museum was done by one of GG's friends. The framing really set off the photo, which is, to be simplistic, taking a b/w photo and painting it.
Somewhere in the midst of all this fall splendor, there is surely a fall flower lingering. I didn't catch the name of the artwork, but since it was right beside of one called "Winter" that for some reason I didn't take a photo of, maybe it was something like "Fall".



No comments: