Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Bees and Butterflies

Despite the cottonwood fluff floating around in the air, it was just too pretty a day to stay cooped up in the house all day. I took some good drugs and ventured out briefly to stalk some bees and butterflies. Not the greatest shots, but since I was lazy and never ventured off the deck and they were determined to flit around the far reaches of the yard, the power of the zoom lens did at least give me some okay shots.
This was about as close as any of them got and it was about ten feet away, giving the fuzzy focus, but you can still see the fragile wings, so a fun pix to have.

Oh, dang, really missed this one, upper right, in flight.

Butterflies should be easier, right? They don't move quite as fast? Yeah, right.

Those familiar with my backyard will be impressed to know that I took this one from where I was lounging leaning on the wind chime post while it was way over by the fence between my neighbors and me.

Not all that bad, given the distance, for a cheap lens and my sometimes shaky hands.

No comments: