Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Almost May" (Lake Lucille)

Lake Lucille, behind the Best Western, aka Lake Lucille Inn, has always been one of my favorite photo spots. Like Wasilla Lake, it, too, is still largely covered by ice, but with hints of what will be in just a short time.
Speaking of ice, what cool patterns it made as it sparkled off the ice at my feet beside the dock. I'm thinking there must be a message here from ET but can't quite decipher it, alas.
Looking the other way, across the lake....
you can see some car/snow machine tracks still on the right. Hi, Pilot, why didn't you wave at me? I waved at you!
The overhead pilot reminded me to check the plane berths along the shoreline. Nope, not much to see plane-wise yet. It won't be long, tho'.
Another one of my artsy moments, captured this plane resting on the shore, near the waterline. Maybe its inching that way all by itself, hoping to get airborne? In any case, managed to get almost all of it reflecting in the water by walking out on the dock as well as the docks mirrored in the water. Note to myself: It's on the cool side over there if you're out sorta "on" the water. Take a jacket next time.
Yeah! Go, Spring, Go!!!
They look soooo close and yet they're far, far away.
See the sorta "Lop-sided Man in the Tree"? Wonder if he's related to the Hobbit Tree out near Hatcher at the Little Su?

No comments: