Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BIrd Stalking, er, Watching

When the sky looks like this from my front yard, it's hard to resist the lure of the mountains and lakes, in today's case, Wasilla Lake.
This guy was flying overhead to greet me as I got outta the car and struggled to figure out how to focus on something that was soaring around at a pretty fast clip.
Ah, at least the mountains weren't zipping around, making it far easier to focus, even if there was just enough haze to show.
Admit it, Florida Friends. You, too, wish you could go have a picnic beside a still semi-ice covered lake in "almost May". What did you say the temp down there is?(evil laugh)
Oh, goodie, they're far less speedy afoot.

I'm sure that every one of you looking at this photo recognize that this is the effect I was goinng for, the winged reflection making this soft, curving "c". Or, well, maybe it was sheer luck. I prefer to think it was skill. (Oh, be quiet, friendly critics)

This one was actually semi-planned, or at least hoped for. I won't tell you how many "almost what I wanted" shots it took to get this one. Far better y'all continue to marvel at my incredible skill....or not. Ha

Swim? Are they nuts? That's ice and snow out there! I've felt this water in mid-July and have no desire to stick even a toe in there but, no lie, Florida Friends, this lake will be as busy as any in Florida during summertime in Alaska. When is that? Oh, if we get lucky, a few days in July.

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

Great shots! I do like the "C" photo. I know you sat there for hours planning that one. :P