Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wasilla "Tea Party"

Overall, I'm not quite sure what to make of the national "Tea Party" protest, tho' I certainly support everyone's right to make their thoughts known. My problem is, where has this passion been in previous years while things were building to the point they stand today? That said, none of us wants to pay more taxes or see our money wasted, so while I may not agree with all the sentiments expressed, I do support the idea of people making their voices heard. Just seems like there should be a more productive way of doing it, that's all. In any case, although I didn't set out to attend the Wasilla Tea Party, I wound up across the road from it during what was probably it's last 30-45 minutes and took the opportunity to snap some photos. Agree with the event or not, it is a part of our nation's history, so I was glad to see it happening live, even if I never ventured across the street from McDonalds, which was my original destination . No captions, other than to say I'm pretty sure that this is AK Representative Don Young's back in this photo in the sorta brown/tan suit jacket. I had no clue at the time, but hearing later that he was there, am pretty sure this is him. (Click on the photos for a larger view)

































































No comments: