Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My new feathered friend

This is the third day in a row I've had a visit from my newfound feathered friend. I've never had the camera handy, ie where I could get to it without spooking it away, but lucked out today. It's absolutely convinced that it should somehow be able to fly through my living room window. The first day, bang, the ol' bird and window do not mix. Second day, I noted, dang, this is one smart bird. It still flew into the window, but at a slow, cautionary speed, coming back later to land on the ledge and make exploratory flutters as if fluttering its wings in just the right way would magically open some invisible entrance into my living room via the glass. It kept at this for almost five minutes, all the while I was looking wistfully across at the couch where the camera was sitting just below where it was fluttering around. Nope, no way I'd be able to grab the camera for a shot, so just enjoyed the bird's antics.
Today it was back, on a day I had the camera beside me, yipee, but first, my apologies for the colors. Not really accurate but, hey, when you're shooting through double panes, not to mention through a glare, you've got to take what you get from PhotoShop when you're as lazy a PhotoShopee as me. As it was, I lucked out a bit as it hopped up on a branch a bit more outta the direct line of the sun. to pose.
By the time it'd assumed this pose, it'd been doing its usual fluttering at the window, none of which shots really came out as anything but a very blurry "maybe its a bird", and was on the branch perhaps pondering a new tactic. It's quizzical look was in response to the flash. "Hey, what's that?" it seemed to be wondering as it's head twisted this way and that.
Seriously, I'd love to know what was going through it's cute little brain while I was shooting. It never seemed freaked out, maybe cos I was some distance away from the window (aren't zoom lenses great?), so I was able to capture a few different poses. Liked this one best cos it looked like it'd finally decided to pose, as if saying, "Hey, get me from this side! It's my best side!"
And, that was my excitement for the day. A visit from my birdie friend. Hope it comes back tomorrow!

No comments: