Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Mostly flowers, plus some mountains and, oh, yeah, a helicopter with floats

First the copter. It flew over the lake going east, then came back later and flew overhead going the other direction.

REMEMBER, CLICK PHOTOS FOR LARGER PIX:
I mentioned the roses being given away at the Wasilla Gov's Picnic in a previous entry. Well, this is the one I got and tho' it's beginning to fade, it's still beautiful. Can't believe it lasted this long.

Dane's Blood. My theory is that if I say and type its name often enough, maybe I'll remember it next summer.

What's really weird about this duo is that there's a matching duo to the left and the right flower there is the one chewed up, too.

Fireweed, back pasture.

White campion, considered a weed. Do I get some sorta award for being a champion grower of weeds?
Artsy moment, fireweed against the sky. Some of this stuff is, no lie, about seven foot tall, so not a strain to get such a shot even as tall as I am.

Fireweed along the fence. I'm going to try for a photo every day or so as it begins to die off and try to show the transformation to fluff.

This one already has a rather weird look, but not sure the cause. Others around it aren't looking like this.
QUICK JAUNT TO LAKE LUCILLE BELOW

From the deck alongside the lake, looking generally easterly.

As you can see from me view across the lake, not a real clear day for mountain viewing.

Since the mountains weren't cooperating, turned the camera toward some of the Best Western's flower displays. These are out front where you pull under the covering to unload luggage.

This one is right beside the one above.

From the deck, looking sorta westerly.

No comments: