Monday, November 09, 2009

First Real Snow of the Winter

Bright and early, okay, not so early this morning. First look at the first snow of the season. Maybe 3-4" of it.

Still through the glass, looking toward the barn area.

This one's for you, Betty, the reason I dug out the snow boots and ventured outside in the cold to tromp around with the camera. Betty's Spruce Tree, sorta center, and friends.

Tromp, tromp, through the snow... looking back across the fence into the back yard.

Tromp, tromp some more. I was avoiding the driveway and front yard proper so as to leave them looking untouched.... so sue me, I like the look.... so this one is taken from somewhere over beside Betty's spruce tree back across the driveway and into the front yard looking generally north.


As you can see, I haven't gotten the snow blower out yet. If the snow plow goes and leaves me a "speed bump" at the end of the driveway I will, but otherwise it'll wait till tomorrow. Not enough snow out there to fret over right now.

Tromp, tromp, tromp.... moved out toward the back where the driveway out to the pasture ends and the gate sits....the gate that I probably should have shut before it snowed to keep the moose out. But, then again, I like moose....

That's Betty's Spruce Tree sticking its "arm" out in front of me as I tromp back toward the front and snap a photo of the south side of the garage. The white sorta right center is the doorway into the garage.

I'd tromped a bit circle by this point, heading out to check out the road via the side yard so as not to "mess up my snow". It was probably in the mid-20s at this point, btw, so wasn't leaving the garage door standing open long, so this was a bit of a rushed photo cruise around the yard.

I absolutely love spruce trees, even if I didn't know it until I got this place.


The spruce tree that protects the front of the house, living room inside behind it.

Oh, yeah, and here's what the road looked like from about mid-calf level when I held the camera down low. This is looking north, toward Lone Cub which is the road that crosses at the bottom of the hill up to my driveway.

No comments: