Saturday, November 28, 2009

Palmer's Snow-Hydrant Man

A few random shots before we get to Snow-Hydrant Man.....
I don't suppose I can convince you the "fuzzy focus" was on purpose? Didn't think so. In any case, a quick shot out the passenger side window as Pat Schue and I headed out to Palmer this morning. The colors are left over sunrise and, fyi, it was after 10:00 a.m.

One of the reasons I like the drive to Palmer, the view. Always awesome, even on a gray, overcast day like today.

We actually went to go to the Christmas Gift Bazaar at Colony High School, but doesn't look like I thought to take photos there, so here's Palmer again, from a parking lot near the hotel where we had lunch.

Sitting in the restaurant, I looked across the road and, voila, there he was, Palmer's very own Snow-Hydrant Man! Needless to say, I had to take a closer look on the way out, below.

Too much white to show well, but someone took some time making him cos he's got a real nose, mouth and eyes, not to mention eyebrows....and those darn skinny arms, all atop that nice yellow fire hydrant.

No comments: