Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hanging out at Wasilla Lake and meeting a new horse friend

Okay, cheating a bit as I took this one last night from my own front yard, but loved how the yellow-gold colors were just popping out in the late afternoon sunshine.
It wasn't looking too shabby down at Wasilla Lake today, either.


How immature of me is it to want one of these? Battery controlled, looking to be about 18" or so long, and the "big kid" that was playing with it was having a grand time "Cruising" the lake until it died on 'em! Fortunately, they got it restarted, but maybe I don't want one after all cos I'd hate to have to swim out in that cold water to retrieve it!

Salvador Dali time?

The back side of the welcome sign. The flowers there are still going pretty strong, not to mention that they really smelled nice.

The clouds and colors were reflecting nicely in the water.



Some of the flowers close up in the flower bed under the welcome sign.

I made a new friend! Nevermind that it's a four-legged one and a tad bigger than a sled dog. The gal was riding bareback but had dismounted to let him munch on some grass but was kind enough to let me take her photo and, of course, pet him.


One last look backward before I headed home, which turned out to involve a detour to Lake Lucille, photos in the next entry.

No comments: