Sunday, May 09, 2010

Palmer Sunday Scenics

This first set of pix was taken from beside of or just past the bridge over the Matanuska River outside of Palmer.





I'd moved over near the ol' bridge to look back and shoot this one across the road (Old Glenn, which goes on out to Butte and places beyond).


The ol' bridge from the viewing/parking area just across the bridge.

Moving on, decided to make a quick pit stop for pix at a pull-over off of Glenn just past where you'd turn onto Palmer-Fishhook to head toward Hatcher or, if you wanted to miss some traffic, Wasilla. This is the sign at the pull-over.

Doesn't my car look tiny from my perch atop the viewing point?



Can you tell the ol', twisty tree fascinates me?

And, yikes, some Devil's Club (I assume) just off the path that leads up/down to the viewing photo spot. Fortunately it's on the other side of the fenced walkway. (Postscript: I'm told this is actually a wild rose -- see comment section.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June, this is a wild rose.....not devils Club....