Friday, May 08, 2009

Knik Lake, the Nomad, and some feathered friends

Even if you don't know the history of the boat out there (belonged to the Father of the Iditarod, Joe Redington Sr), you've gotta admit, this is a scene worthy of a photo....or a dozen. ha Hey, I at least tried for a few different angles this time!
Birds!(lower right) I had no clue what they were at the time. See if you can guess from the next couple photos. Remember, you can click on them for a larger view.

See those necks? We're not talking ravens here....

Of course, when backed by scenery like this, an ordinary raven would look pretty darn grand, huh?
After taking several dozen shots across the road at the Nomad, wandered around Knik Lake awhile.

Oh, goody! More feathered friends.

This one seemed to think I was being a nuisance but never showed signs of taking off.

In fact, posed nicely for me!


Now I'm jealous. My house isn't wrapped in blue tarp. There's got to be a story here somewhere. I also bet there's lots of duct tape somewhere but I didn't venture close enough to check.


Knik Knot?

1 comment:

Marcia C said...

Well, since I'm a Nebraskan, I was hoping the birds were sandhill cranes, but they seem to have green heads, so I'm guessing mallards. Have you seen sandhill cranes yet? I saw them when they stopped in Nebraska this spring.