Sunday, May 03, 2009

VIew From My Deck

Okay, I tried. I tried to be productive. I even raked a few leaves but, jeez, when this is the sky above you, how can you rake leaves when you're hearing the siren song of....
....the siren song of this, my deck chair.
After wiggling into a comfy spot on the chair, snapped a few photos in each direction. This is looking generally easterly, maybe a tad northeast. A closer look at the top of the spruce tree is below.
Looking north. See that horizontal white line sorta half-way down the photo? That's the top of the Talkeetnas as seen from my deck, tho' once the leaves come in fully, it's a view that's usually requires that I walk out to the end of the driveway to get.
Kinda looking ESE
Looking west, over the top of the house, a view of the spruce tree that I'm usually snapping from out front.

Okay, I cheated. I had to get up to get the next photo, so snapped this one looking back at my sunny refuge on the deck as I meandered out to get a view of....

....a view of the mountains to the E/SE. My best view of this from the house is from the guest room on the SE corner of the house but even now you can see that the leaves are coming.
I was serenely back on the deck when I took this one, looking south toward Parks Highway. Pretty day, huh? I may have to go dedicate another 15-20 minutes to sun gazing and making sure I didn't miss anything that you couldn't live without me taking a picture (or ten) of. Ha

No comments: