Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Wasilla Wednesday

Looking north, the view from my mailbox. Kathy, that's the "for sale" sign for that house.
It was such a pretty day, how could I resist the call of the mountains and lakes. Lake Lucille here.

Check out that sky!

Hmm, still no planes docked that I could see (tho' maybe one waayyy across the way), but I'd swear they're creeping closer to the water.

Uh, got bugs?
Or, uh, lots and lots of 'em? This mob was covering much of a storage unit on the deck over at Lake Lucille. I walked through their buddies to get to the deck!

This was the picture I walked through that flying, swarming mass to get.
There's obviously a down-side to duct tape's usefulness as a substitute window. It makes a window that doesn't roll down well.

I took the long way home and went past Wasilla Lake.

As always, love the view across the lake.

You know I'm feeling summer-y when I admit to thinking about going up to the guy with the canoe and asking for a ride.

On the other hand, there were lots of distractions that made me forget the idea of a canoe ride. This little guy seemed to be chasing bugs.

This big guy had swum more than halfway out into the lake to retrieve a tennis ball and had just spied a gull flitting about on the shore nearest Pizza Hut. Do you get the idea the thought of chasing the gull was intriguing?

Good dog! Ignoring the gull, the dog exits the lake with the tennis ball.

A bit later, as I was leaving, I ran into the same "good dog" waiting patiently on its owners in the back of a truck. Pretty day, even giving me a dog fix before all was said and done.

No comments: